Facing Giants

Facing Giants: Warriors for Christ

Joshua 14:12
Caleb had great faith in God despite the doubters around him. The Anakim giants did not intimidate him.  He had seen God do great things in the midst of big obstacles.

I feel like we are only beginning to see God do great things in our lives and I pray that we drown out the giants of fear and doubt around us.  And, like Caleb, we ask for God to give us the mountain instead of the lush green valleys. Let us desire to have a heart more like God and want the challenge rather then the easy way.

I think that the seductiveness of the lush valleys is even stronger when you are responsible for raising children.  But I pray that God helps me remember that my girls are safer in His hands then they are anywhere else.  I pray that God helps me be obedient above all else.

Joshua 1:7

God is giving the promised land to His people, but he tells Joshua to obey the law and not to turn to the right or left.

We must keep ourselves Holy and set apart.  Ephesians 1:4

God promised that Joshua and the people rewards as long as they
meditated on the law day and night.

I pray that I keep my eyes focused on Jesus and that I desire eternal rewards and blessings, not worldly success and prosperity.

Joshua 1:16
...all that you commanded us we will do, and wherever you send us we will go.

I love this heart of obedience.

Lord, I pray against the spirit of rebellion and the giants of fear and doubt before us. I pray that we are made into Warriors of Christ, taking down our giants in Jesus name.

Kate

(By the way, I created the graphic at the top a year ago, not really knowing what it would be for. It was just a vision that was given to me. Almost a year later I decided to put the graphic on our shirts in our Gospel Shirts shop. They are available for purchase HERE. All proceeds go towards helping our
family becoming mercy missionaries. Thank you so much)

Comments

Popular Posts