Do you love worship music?

Do you love worship music? 
I believe that listening to worship and Christian music is part of surrounding ourselves with the belt of truth. Everything we put inside of us is making up this belt. I don't think it's being legalistic to say that watching secular movies/shows and listening to secular music works to weaken this belt that is suppose to surround us. When the belt is weak, of if you prefer, the fortress walls around us are weakened, it allows for the enemy to creep in. 

I'm not saying I'm perfect at this, I am always a work at progress. What I preach I also need to hear and apply. Every once in a while I will watch a secular (Marvel) movie or a secular show. But over the years, God has worked in me to lead me away from the shows that I used to enjoy and instead feed my brain with all things that matter to God. And He can do the same for you! Allow Him to lead you!

 And I notice when I'm at the gym in my classes, and I'm listening to the secular, worldly music that often contains subject matters and language that is highly offensive to me and my God, I notice that I have to pray so much harder and I feel my spirit getting weaker. And my spirit can't stand it.
Because I can't not listen to the lyrics, my ears are opened and I am awake! This is why we need to be so careful about what goes into us. Because our eyes and ears have been opened by God! We once were blind, but now we see. We once were deaf, but now we hear!

And this is why, when God tells us to put on the full armor of God, the analogy for truth is a belt. God has been pressing this part of the armor on me, because I feel God's burden for the Christians around me who aren't completely surrounding themselves with truth. Those who have no problem listening to secular music and watching secular movies and shows regularly. Our walls are weakened when we do this. And weakened walls are easy access for the enemy. And, again, I also must heed God as He works on me as well.

This is a war, we must keep our walls strong in truth!
  
And so I ask again, do you love worship music? Do you love to be led by music into the throne room of God?
Do you surround yourself with truth at all times when you have control over it?

This song I recently heard stood out to me, and I just wanted to listen to it over and over. It's a song that makes me want to fall on my knees and weep and worship before the King!
👑❤️
I hope you enjoy it as much as I do
Be blessed today! 
And don't forget to begin your day by putting on the full armor!!


Comments

Popular Posts